EXPERIENCE AUSTIN is a fast-paced, deep dive into the latest issues and key players in our vibrant and changing city. Great for newcomers and long-time Austinites alike, the program takes you throughout the community for dialogues with the experts and decision makers shaping our future, and provides the resources necessary to plug in and help make a difference. EXPERIENCE AUSTIN is a great way to connect Austin business leaders, further knowledge of Austin issues, and strengthen engagement with the community.
EXPERIENCE AUSTIN is presented by Bank of America.
Program topics include:
- Icons and Issues - Experience the people and issues making headlines. Learn how Central Texas’ demographic and growth trends affect our economy and environment. Get first-hand perspectives from long-time Austinites on the area’s unique natural resources, institutions, history and culture.
- Land Use and Sustainability - Explore how urban planning, land use and transportation decisions affect how Central Texas lives, commutes, plays and competes as a region. Experience the choices made at the Mueller redevelopment and discuss where Austin is headed in the future.
- Economics and Education: Keys to the Region’s Future – Discuss what is driving the Austin economy and what is needed to keep the region thriving. See the “big picture” for education in the greater Austin area, and explore some of the initiatives to develop a strong and educated workforce.
- Healthcare for Central Texas - Explore the changing face of healthcare in Central Texas and the new and growing population of uninsured and under-insured Austinites. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of an Austin-based Medical school and see what this would mean for the region’s health and economy.
- Quality of Life: The Spirit of the Region - Delve into the qualities attracting talent in Austin. Observe the city’s unique creative and entrepreneurial spirit in action…and find out where you can get involved.
EXPERIENCE AUSTIN Spring 2013
Friday, April 12, from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and
Tuesdays, April 16, 23, 30 and May 7 from 4:30 – 8:30 pm
Registration: $785.00* (includes course materials, meals and refreshments, and bus tour)
Register Now! SOLD OUT! Please
for pre-registration for fall 2013